Lanitis Group Overview
The Lanitis Group, one of the largest business groups in Cyprus, was established towards the end of the 19th century and is currently under the leadership of the fourth generation of the Lanitis family. Based on its values - reliability, integrity, quality and social contribution - the Group plays a pioneering and innovative role in the industries that it operates in through time. While securing its sound financial standards, the Group at the same time participates and contributes actively in the economy and the society of the country.
The companies of the Group are active in a diversified set of business fields, such as construction, property development, tourism and travel, hotels, transport, leisure and entertainment, restaurants, golf, marina, energy, trading and agriculture.
The Management of the Lanitis Group has its headquarters at the premises of the Limassol-based company Lanitis E.C Holdings Ltd, which is currently acting as the Group's holding company. Lanitis E.C Holdings Ltd has a diversified portfolio of investments through its various subsidiaries and associated companies.
The company was established in 1952 under the name Lanitis N & E Estates Ltd. which was later renamed to Lanitis E.C Holdings Ltd.
The role of Lanitis E.C Holdings Ltd includes the formulation of the Group’s investment strategy, the formulation of procedures and the strategic coordination of the activities of the Group's companies, particularly in the areas of Strategy, Finance, Communications and Human Resources.
Lanitis Group History
The founder of the Lanitis Group was Panagis Sykas from Lania, who settled in Limassol at the end of the Οttoman occupation of the Island, his main business being the trading of foodstuffs. In 1896 his two sons, Nicolas P. Lanitis and Costas P. Lanitis established a business partnership, namely N.P. Lanitis Co. Ltd., which eventually became the back bone of the Lanitis Group. Today, N.P. Lanitis Ltd is a private equity investment company with a large diversified portfolio.
In 1901 Nicolas and Costas Lanitis together with other Limassolians, set up the Popular Savings Bank of Limassol (Later known as Laiki Popular Bank).
In 1933 Costas P. Lanitis bought agricultural land at the Villages of Alectora and Kouklia, part of which is today the renowned Aphrodite Hills Resort. In 1936 Nicolas P. Lanitis created what it is today Lanitis Farm, consisting of 980 acres of land, part of which is today Fasouri Watermania Waterpark. In 1944 Amathus Navigation Ltd was established followed by Cybarco Ltd in 1945. In 1952 Lanitis N. & E. Estates Ltd was registered, to be renamed later to Lanitis E.C. Holdings Ltd, which is today the Holding Company of the Group. In 1990 Lanitis Development Ltd was established to develop Aphrodite Hills followed in 1998 by Heaven's Garden Waterpark Ltd and in 2001 by Evagoras & Kathleen Lanitis Foundation, a non-profit organisation which was set up in the memory of Evagoras and Kathleen Lanitis to continue their social contribution. In 2002 Aphrodite Hills was inaugurated, followed by Limassol Marina in 2008. In 2011 Lanitis Green Energy Group (now Lanitis Energy Ltd) was formulated and in 2012 the license for Limassol Greens Golf Resort was granted.
Apart from the above companies and projects, the Lanitis Group participates in the shareholding of other companies as well.
The Lanitis Group became stronger over the years under the dynamic leadership of the late Evagoras Lanitis, also known for his humanitarian and social contribution, especially in the areas of education, archaeology, health and culture. After his death in 1992, his sons Platon, Costas and Marios took over the leadership of the Group, with Mr. Platon Lanitis becoming its Chairman.